Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's 10am and I'm ready for this day to end...

Can I end this day early - or go back and start it over????

I've outgrown every piece of clothing that I felt like wearing today. I think I tried every single thing in my closet on this morning before it finally got to late and I had to give up and leave. The maternity clothes that I felt so smug about buying on sale early on all look stupid once you put a gigantic body inside them.

I must have slept funny because I woke up with a kink in my neck that means I'm sitting hunched over my computer with my head at a funny angle because it hurts to sit up straight.

I got a ton of snarky e-mails from our overseas office last night. We all work for the same company but for some reason there is always some kind of stupid sibling rivalry going on. And the overseas director is back on a testosterone driven rampage to prive he's in control of the world. On of his biggest supporters in our company even calls him "a bull in a china shop"... Just because I am a woman and I happen to be pregnant does NOT mean I have lost my brain...

Every project that I'm really excited about recently has ended up having to be dropped because of price increases or testing problems. My involvement seems to be the kiss of death for any new fabric lately.

I'm just in a crappy, crappy bad mood today. The past 2 wks of grey overcast skies doesn't really help matters either.

I want to go home and watch a movie and pretend that the world outside doesn't exist...

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Come on over, let's watch a movie!
I'm sorry your having a difficult day. You are a beautiful pregnant woman, work it baby! Sorry about your neck, hope it feels better soon. Your job sounds interesting.
What do you do? So would a hug help. ((HUGS))

Bluebird said...

At home, in comfy clothes, under a blanket, sounds *perfect* right now. The weather's really getting ot me, too :(

So sorry you're having a bad day. And I'm sorry that I laughed when you said: "The maternity clothes that I felt so smug about buying on sale early on all look stupid once you put a gigantic body inside them." ;) Too true, too true.

Tina said...

Me too...I want a latte in one hand and the remote in the other. I don't want to get dressed or do my hair or put on make-up...I just want time to myself and to just be...Maybe someday. :)

Michele said...

Sadness... Sorry you are having a rough day. Hopefully the next will be better!