Thursday, September 17, 2009



I heard this morning that Mary Travers died yesterday. Even though I don't actively seek out Peter, Paul and Mary songs they seem to be a part of so many memories... the clip they played of this song brought tears to my eyes.

I was 17 years old, sitting on the steps of the Sacre Coeur in Paris with a group of friends. We were listening to a street musician play this song. I was crying my eyes out because in a weeks time I would have to get on a plane and say good bye to each and every one of these people that I had grown to love.

I was an exchange student in northern Germany for my junior year of High School. A group of us took a summer train trip around Europe before my departure date and Paris was our last stop and I was no where near ready to go home. 25 years later hearing this song still brings it all back.

An this one is just one of the most beautiful songs ever...

No comments: