Thursday, August 20, 2009

New sweater & new school

I slight diversion from the heaviness of the last few days...

Just had to share a few YaYa pictures... Yesterday was her first day of "big girl" school as she calls it... She was so excited to go (and to get a lunch box and backpack!!). I think she's really going to enjoy pre-K and we really LOVE the school she's at. The bottom picture is at the welcome to school picnic for students and families.

I finished Yaya's sweater and she loves it!!! She picked out the yarn and the pattern a couple weeks ago. I'm so proud of myself for actually getting this done in a reasonable amount of time. Usually I start a sweater and it sits around for several years 1/2 finished until I get sick of looking at it. (sorry - they aren't the best quality pictures - but you get the idea.)

7 comments:

Bluebird said...

She is such a cutie :) Hope school goes well for her!

Mirne said...

YaYa looks gorgeous and the sweater is wonderful!!! You are clever :-)

Michele said...

Donna, Yaya is simply breathtaking. She is such a beautiful little girl! I loved the pic of her all decked out for "big girl" school!!!

Mrs. Spit said...

Lovely!

Just Breathe said...

Wow, big girl school. It happens so fast. Love the sweater.

Funsize said...

Awww, the sweater is awesome. I wish I knew how to knit/crochet. I tried learning how to crochet a baby blanket but I can't hook for the life of me.

Mommy (You can call me OM) said...

She's so cute! :)