Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mad Men (a completely frivolous post...)


Bruce Handy on Mad Men: vanityfair.com

I don't normally swoon over movies or TV - but for some reason the AMC show Mad Men has me completely hooked. We just finished watching the 2nd season on DVD. I just love everything about this show (especially Don Draper...). It is just completely full of throw back chic. We don't have cable so I don't get to watch it "live" but I can't wait for season 3 to come out on DVD.


The vanity fair article is pretty interesting and the photo shoot is amazing (I posted two of the pictures here...I couldn't resist...).
I especially like one quote

“I’m of the persuasion that budget constraints are very, very good for creativity. I think people having unlimited amounts of money makes you really lazy. And I will be quoted on that, believe it or not.” The speaker turning his back on decades of Hollywood wisdom was Matthew Weiner, 44, the auteur behind Mad Men

In my field - you have to learn to be creative with all sorts of constraints - so I totally get it and respect the show for acknowledging that.

No comments: