Sunday, November 16, 2008

Good bye maternity clothes...

I packed them all up and took it to the consignment store yesterday. All except one - the sweater I was wearing when they told me I was staying in the hospital.

It amazed me how many of them still had tags attached. A small wardrobe that was never worn. I hope that whoever ends up with them now has a happy and healthy pregnancy.

My next goal is all the baby clothes that we were given. I hate to see them go - but they really have no sentimental attachments - just the dreams of what was supposed to be. And right now I'm ready to live with out those ghosts for a while.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I had to put all my stuff away after Nicholas and Sophia... I couldnt even wear the maternity clothes afterwards. I wore pajamas instead. For the 2 months I was home, I was mostly in PJs until I could fit into my pre-preg clothes. I hit the maternity wear and the baby clothes. I took them out in August and it's been hard to wear them again. Even buying new pieces has been hard. I wear some things and I think "this was my fave with them"... It's rough. The baby clothes are still in my bottom drawer. I know I'll have to unpack them in the nursery, but right now, that is too much.

It's hard to get rid of things, but I think you have the right thought. My grandma had made a blanket for them she never got to give us. Right after Sophia died, there was a terrible tornado near her and she donated the blanket. At first, I was so hurt. But she told me how she just knew the baby being wrapped up in it would have Nicholas and Sophia watching over them... I still think about that. Whomever wears those clothes will have Ellie watching over them...