Thursday, January 15, 2009

One year ago today - we battled an icey snow storm to drive an hour to get to the hospital where we were meeting with a perinatologist for the very first time. They told me there that because I was only 22 weeks there wasn't much they could do. They wouldn't admit me to the hospital until I passed the 24 week mark. Oh - and by the way - my amniotic fluid levels had dropped from dangerously low to non-existant... So please, go home, lay in bed, rest and obsess about the fact that we have no clue what is happening with your body or your baby. And again - no mention of preeclampsia or a blood pressure check.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Oh Dear Donna, how absolutely horrible. I am disturbed and saddened that they sent you away without any word on what was going on. I find that to be medically irresponsible. I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how scary those days were--you must have bee wrought with worry about the unknowns. Thinking of you and your little Ellie today. Sending you big ((hugs)) and as much strength as I can muster!

Michele said...

Sweetie, I am so sorry you were robbed of more time by doctors who didnt understand. I can't even begin to speak at the fact they wouldnt admit you. That is an atrocity. I am just so very sorry.

I'm thinking of you as you take this journey to this mark, and I as quickly approach my own year mark. Sending you my love.